- It's hours past your baby's bedtime, she won't stop screaming, you have a massive headache, and all you need is a BREAK. But there's no one there to relieve you, because, well, you're a single mom.
- You see baby daddy (or, in my case, sperm donor) having the time of his life being as irresponsible as he can be, not a care in the world, because he doesn't have the balls to admit he has a child.
- You see your ex-boyfriend and his pregnant girlfriend, who made your life a living hell during the first half of your pregnancy, together, seemingly happy, and you think to yourself "Why does she have her baby daddy standing by her side, and I did not?".
- Or, for that matter, when you see any happy couple with their little one. And it breaks your heart because you know you can't give your daughter a complete family, yet.
- Those times when your child does something amazing (which is like every day) and you wish the guy who helped you create that child was there to enjoy the moment with you.
- When you're lonely. Period.
- When everyone around you is getting married.
Being a single mom is freakin' awesome when...
- You know you don't have to share this special little person with someone you're not even with, or even like.
- The ass hole who did help you create your little one isn't in your daughter's life, and therefore he can't do anything to hurt her.
- You have complete control over how she is parented, no fighting with BD.
- When everytime she looks at you, and her whole face lights up, you know that look is meant only for you.
- Those nights when it's hours past her bedtime, she won't stop screaming, you have a massive headache, and you're so glad that on top of everything, you don't have a lazy BD sound asleep in the next room while you're putting in all the work.
- When you're lonely and you want to snuggle, and there's a presh little baby who loves nothing more than to snuggle up to her mama in the middle of the night.
- When you see couples fighting, and you think "I am so glad I don't have to deal with that boy drama on top of everything else I have going on."
- When you realize that yeah, the pregnant girl has your ex-boyfriend standing by her side when you didn't have that, but that's okay. Because they both drew the short stick in life, and they deserve what they got when they chose each other.
- When you realize that no, your daughter doesn't have a dad right now. But that's okay, because it's better to wait for an amazing man to come into the picture than to settle. Because your daughter deserves the best, and only the best.
Being a single mom is hard. But damn, I love it!
And on that note..